Canterbury Law serves as outside general counsel to over 50 owners of apartment complexes throughout Alabama.
- Expertise in leases, contracts, compliance, and landlord-tenant rights for multi-family apartment complexes or single homes.
- Advice for you and your staff on all facets of landlord-tenant and property law.
Property Management Company Practices, Plans, and Policies
Canterbury Law serves as outside general counsel to property management companies.
- Training for management company site managers and regional managers on Alabama’s Landlord-Tenant Act, fair housing laws, policies, and procedures, reasonable accommodation requests, eviction procedures, the Violence Against Women Act, and other nuanced laws impacting property owners.
- Assistance with drafting, developing, and implementing management agreements, management plans, and tenant selection policies.
Evictions and Unlawful Detainer
Canterbury Law prosecutes unlawful detainer and eviction actions on behalf of property owners and management companies in many Alabama counties, from Mobile and Baldwin Counties in the south to Lauderdale, Limestone, Madison, and Jackson Counties in the north. Your site managers will have all the tools necessary to ensure that the proper notices are delivered to tenants to effectively safeguard your properties and investments.
- Training for management and staff on proper eviction procedures.
- Drafting, preparation, and filing of tenant notice and eviction documents.
Fair Housing and Reasonable Accommodations
Canterbury Law represents owners, site managers, and management companies in the defense, conciliation, and resolution of fair housing claims with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. We train owners and staff at property management companies in the proper methods for processing and responding to requests for reasonable accommodation.